Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tender Mercy Tuesday

A "tender mercy" is a small blessing or miracle that God gives to us that shows His love. Today, I would like to share one of mine.

My companion and I (missionaries always travel in companionships) were out one hot, summer afternoon, trying to spread Christ's gospel. Unfortunately, we had both forgotten to bring water. We were dying. We were so thirsty that we had to keep telling ourselves, "Just fifteen more minutes. Just fifteen more minutes." At one point, we happened to talk to a nice gentleman with great faith in Christ. In the middle of our conversation, he stopped and said, "Do y'all want water?" We accepted gratefully and he rushed into his home to get us some bottles of water.

After finishing our conversation with him a few minutes later, my companion turned to me and said, "Sister Neilson, we need to pray."
"Why?" I asked.
"'Cause I prayed for water and that man gave us some."
We said a prayer of thanks, gulped some water down appreciatively, and continued on.

God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment